- Psychosocial difficulties of children and young people with learning disabilities
- Psychosocial difficulties of children and young people with disabilities
- Social and emotional learning
- Academic and social support for students with learning and behavioural difficulties
- Doikou-Avlidou, M. (2016). Dyslexia: Emotional factors and psychosocial problems. Athens: Gutenberg-(revised edition).
- Doikou-Avlidou, M. (2007). Dealing with psychosocial problems of children with specific learning disabilities: Elementary school teachers' contribution, Proceedings of the European Conference "The European dimension of special education: Emergence of a different profile" (pp. 240-253). Thessaloniki: University Studio Press.
- Doikou, M. (2001). Educational and social integration of university students with special needs: Problems and perspectives, Educational Review, 32, 10-25.
- Doikou, M. (2001). Emotional and social development of visual impaired children and adolescents. Psychology-The Journal of Hellenic Psychosocial Society, 8(4), 2001, 431- 450.
- Doikou, M. (2005). The teacher's role in the promotion of mental health of pupils with special educational needs. Contemporary Education, 143, 177-192.
- Doikou, M. (2006). The teacher's role in dealing with the psychosocial problems of pupils with learning disabilities: Elementary school teachers' views, Educational Review, 41, 93-116.
- Doikou-Avlidou, M. (2006). Psychosocial support to students with learning disabilities: University students' perceptions about the role of the teacher, Scientific Annals of the Psychological Society of Northern Greece, 4, 89-118.
- Doikou-Avlidou, M. (2006). Pychosocial support to pupils from repatriated families and to immigrant pupils in the context of the school: Implementation of a pilot intervention programme, Child and Adolescent: Mental health and psychopathology, 2(8), 54-74.
- Doikou, M. & Diamandidou, K. (2011). Enhancing teachers' counseling skills: student teachers' views on a teachers' education programme, European Journal of Teacher Education, 34(1), 61-79.
- Doikou-Avlidou, M. & Dadatsi, K. (2013). Enhancing social integration of immigrant pupils at risk for social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties: The outcomes of a small-scale social-emotional learning programme”, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, 18(1), 3-23.
- Κotsani, Ι. & Doikou-Avlidou, Μ. (2015). Social relationships of individuals with deafness with their hearing peers during school years, Educational Review, 60(32), 90-109.
- Doikou-Avlidou, Μ. (2015). The educational, social and emotional experiences of students with dyslexia: The perspective of postsecondary education students, International Journal of Special Education, 30(1), 132-145.