- Methodological and Epistemological issues of contemporary Social Sciences that improve Theory building
- Nonlinear Dynamics (complexity, catastrophe theories, entropy, and related fields) and their application to social, behavioral and life sciences
- Specific research endeavors were made in the area of educational research and concern neo-Piagetian theories, learning, science education, problem solving, creativity and group dynamics
- Application of advanced statistical methods in Educational Research
- Stamovlasis, D., & Gonida, E. (2018). Dynamic effects of Performance-Avoidance Goal Orientation on Student Achievement in Language and Mathematics. Nonlinear Dynamics, Psychology, and Life Sciences, 22(3), 335-358.
- Stamovlasis, D., Papageorgiou, G., Tsitsipis, G., Tsikalas, T. & Vaiopoulou, J. (2018). Illustration of Step-Wise Latent Class Modelling with Covariates and Taxometric Analysis in Research Probing Children’s Mental Models in Learning Sciences. Frontiers in Psychology, 9: 532. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00532
- Giannouli, V., Stamovlasis, D., & Tsolaki, M. (2018). Exploring the Role of Cognitive Factors in a New Instrument for Elders' Financial Capacity Assessment. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, 62(4), 1579-1594. DOI: 10.3233/JAD-170812.
- Stamovlasis, D. & Vaiopoulou, J. (2017). The Role of Dysfunctional Myths in a Decision-Making Process under Bounded Rationality: A Complex Dynamical Systems Perspective. Nonlinear Dynamics, Psychology, and Life Sciences, 3, 267-288.
- Stamovlasis, D. (2016). Catastrophe Theory: Methodology, Epistemology and Applications in Learning Science. In M. Koopmans and D. Stamovlasis (Eds), Complex Dynamical Systems in Education: Concepts, Methods and Applications (pp. 141-175). Switzerland: Springer Academic Publishing.
- Stamovlasis, D. (2016). Nonlinear Dynamical Interaction Patterns in Collaborative Groups: Discourse Analysis with Orbital Decomposition. In M. Koopmans and D. Stamovlasis (Eds), Complex Dynamical Systems in Education: Concepts, Methods and Applications (pp. 273-297). Switzerland: Springer Academic Publishing.
- Sideridis, G. D., Simos, P., Mouzaki, & Stamovlasis, D. (2016). The ‘catastrophic’ role of the RAN in the development of reading ability. Scientific Studies of Reading, 20(1), 6-19.
- Sideridis, G. D. & Stamovlasis, D. (2015). Instrumental Help-Seeking as a Function of Normative Performance Goal Orientations: A “Catastrophe”. Motivation and Emotion, 42(1), 82-100.
- Stamovlasis, D., Papageorgiou, G. & Tsitsipis, G. (2013). The coherent versus fragmented knowledge hypotheses for the structure of matter: An investigation with a robust statistical methodology. Chemistry Education, Research and Practice, 14, 485-495.
- Stamovlasis, D., Tsitsipis, G., & Papageorgiou, G. (2012). Structural equation modeling in assessing students’ understanding the state changes of matter. Chemistry Education, Research and Practice, 13, 357–368.
- Stamovlasis, D., & Tsaparlis, G. (2012). Applying Catastrophe Theory to an Information-Processing Model of Problem Solving in Science Education. Science Education, 96(3), 392-410.
- Stamovlasis, D. (2011). Nonlinear dynamics and Neo-Piagetian Theories in Problem solving: Perspectives on a new Epistemology and Theory Development. Nonlinear Dynamics, Psychology and Life Sciences, 15(2), 145-173.